I have been nominated for the Leibster Award by an upcoming blogger Emily over at Miscellanous Me. Not going to lie, I often struggle with this whole blog thing. I want to do it more often but struggle with the insecurities of wondering if anyone really cares what I’m writing about. I’ll start writing a post and delete it because I think half way through “Who gives a shit?” So to have a stranger comment on one of my posts and say ‘I want to read more from you’ is a pretty awesome feeling. Since that stranger has a pretty cool blog of her own it made the whole thing that much sweeter.
The Leibster Award is a pay it forward type of an award. One blogger gets nominated and then has to nominate 11 other bloggers who they think are awesome and have less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to connect and discover some of the little known gems on wordpress. Seeing how other people have structured their blogs and to read what their talking about is great inspiration to encourage me to keep doing my thing. Plus its hard to get noticed in this giant ocean of the internet. The rules if you are nominated and wish to accept are as follows:
1.First, include a link back to the post or blog of whoever nominated you and thank them
2.Include 11 facts about yourself.
3.Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you posted.
4.Post 11 more questions for your nominees to answer.
5.Nominate 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers.
I’ll start with 11 facts about myself…
1. I really want a green thumb but really struggle with growing plants and keeping them alive.
2. When I’m walking down the street and become aware of being lost in thought I start to wonder if I was thinking out loud.
3. I don’t understand the universal acceptance of peanut butter and jelly belonging together.
4. Seeing roadkill makes me genuinely sad, unless its a skunk. After a skunk killed three of my baby chicks I do not care if they live or die.
5. Im often envious of how openly nerdy my sister is in front of people she doesn’t know. I wish I had that sort of self confidence.
6. I’m incredibly shy so interacting with other people is really hard, no matter how long I have known someone I still get nervous about going to hang out with them.
7. I’m always game if you tell me there is free food involved. I am fascinated by the history of anything and am full of useless facts.
8. I wish I had a name where I could go by my first and middle initial and my last name. Like C.S. Lewis or J.R.R. Tolkien. R.N. Albon just sounds like a nurse.
10. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I thought I was too cool to read the Lord of the Rings because when I finally did at 24 they quickly became my favorite books.
11. Growing old doesn’t bother me. I look forward to every birthday and getting closer to becoming a little old lady shuffling around in her slippers and knitting hats for the kids in the neighborhood.
Answers to the questions Emily asked…
1. Tea or Coffee?
Coffee all day and tea when curled up with a good book until I became pregnant and now I cant stomach the thought of drinking either. Hopefully that changes once the baby comes.
2. If you could travel across time and space, would you got to the past, the future, or just somewhere else? Where and /or when would you go to?
I would go to the past anytime between 1475-1513 to whatever city in Italy Leonardo Da Vinci was working in at the time. That time period, place, and DaVinci have always fascinated me and I would love to experience it in person.
3.) This question is rather cliché, but I have always liked it… If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
I recently watched an amazing documentary on honey badgers so I will say that. They are smart and ornery little things.
4.) What is your idea of a perfect evening?
Eating a great dinner with the husband followed by a smooth glass of whiskey on the front porch while the Shins play in the background.
5.) The ultimate social dilemma: A girl/woman your age is walking directly in front of you with her skirt tucked into her underwear. You react by…
Trying to discreetly get her attention and make her aware of her underwear mishap.
6.) If you had a super power, what would it be?
It’s a toss up between super human strength and the ability to morph into a giant green monster when I get angry. I have always struggled with a short temper and I am envious of Dr. Bruce Banner’s ability to rage as the Hulk.
7.) Most listened to song on iTunes? (Or whichever platform you play your music on).
Ain’t It Fun by Paramore.
8.) If you could have one conversation with someone from the past who would it be?
9.) Do you have a nickname?
Lots. My favorite is probably my husband referring to me as Oscar when I’m being a grouch.
10.) Where is the last place you traveled to?
11.) Pick a quote, from anyone or anything, that you like or is meaningful to you.
“Only thing to fear is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt.
The 11 blogs I nominated in no particular order…
Questions for the bloggers I nominated…
1. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
2. Best book you ever read?
3. Biggest pet peeve?
4. TV show you can’t get enough of right now?
5. One issue you don’t think people pay enough attention to?
6. Your favorite place to go to unwind?
7. The best present you ever received?
8. Cats or dogs?
9. You’ll never be to old to…
10. Where do you write your blog posts?
11. The best advice you have ever received?
Thanks again to Emily for nominating me! I am so excited to keep reading posts from the 11 blogs I nominated as well as all the other blogs this award has exposed me to. Hopefully this award will be as encouraging to all of you as it was to me. Keep on writing!
As always, thanks for reading.